Our client is one of Canada’s largest integrated oil companies. They have an immediate need for a Senior Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) Facilitator to join their team in Calgary, Alberta. This would be a one-year contract position.
CANDIDATE VALUE PROPOSITION:
The position in the Technical Services Operations Support Team facilitates process hazards analyses to field operations across all business units.
- Facilitate Process Hazard & Layers of Protection Analysis (PHA's & LOPA)
- Provide guidance/assist in development of Shutdown Philosophies & Shutdown Keys
- Provide input to P&ID reviews, Control Narratives and other Operations needs
- Demonstrate commitment and leadership on safety, environment and quality matters. Achieve established HS&E objectives.
- Work collaboratively with other Technical Services, EPPM and client teams to develop and implement solutions.
- Promote EPPM Technical Services and the Operations Support Team.
- Ensure that there is a high level of customer satisfaction for services delivered.
- Support the development of and report on key performance indicators to aid communication of services delivered to the business.
- Develop relationships with technical and leadership teams in operations.
- Support the business unit operations to ensure proposed equipment changes, upgrades and additions are reviewed and are compliant with regulations and good engineering practices.
MUST HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Engineering degree or (three year) diploma (typically Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical)
- Must have a minimum of 5 years' PHA facilitation experience.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years' experience working with operating facilities.
- Broad experience (7 years) gained working with upstream oil and gas production facilities.
- Broad experience (3 years) gained working with downstream facilities including refining and pipeline operations.
- Trained and have experience in facilitation of PHA's (HazOp/LOPA/What-if methodologies)
- Microsoft office
- Experience in the applying engineering specifications and best practices
- Effective interpersonal, innovation, organizational skills, and ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management skills
- Comfortable with public speaking
- Travel will be required for this position up to 50% may involve travel to USA
NICE TO HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be a certified professional engineer (P.Eng.) in the province of Alberta, or be eligible for certification.
- Must be a registered technologist in the province of Alberta.
- Broad experience (10 years) gained following Western Canada oil and gas regulations as well as applicable codes and standards (API, ASME, ISO etc)
- Understanding oil and gas economics and basic project management skills
- PHA Pro8 (Process Hazards Analyses software)
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- Demonstrate professionalism and confidentiality
- Excellent customer service capabilities
- Excellent communication skills (co-workers, clients, vendors, and regulators)
Looking for meaningful work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact the Ian Martin Group at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.