Our Utility Client in Toronto, ON is looking to hire a Senior Advisor, Finance Project for a 12+ months of contract role with possibility of extension
As a Senior Advisor, Finance Project, the role requires the ability to organize, lead, and support Finance in the execution of projects that fall outside regular business operations.
Organize and plan tasks involved in completing Finance projects
• Initiate scoping work with Finance teams to assess project requirements
• Identify and engage stakeholders and resources in key knowledge areas
• Work with Finance Senior Leaders to ensure alignment with Finance transformation strategies
• Work closely with external consultants and project team to ensure project stays on track
• Analyze issues, carry out research, and identify solutions
• Provide recommendations and maintain documentation to support decision rationale
• Manage multiple deliverables and work directly with teams involved
• Represent Finance in cross-functional teams to achieve strategic objectives
• Work independently on project tasks as assigned
• Support technical initiatives to facilitate process alignment and consolidated management reporting
• Assess requirements, evaluate options, and recommend solutions for Finance teams as part of continuing integration effort
• Provide analytical support in the execution of Finance strategies
• Support the implementation of recommendations resulting from Finance Alignment activities
• Accounting designation required
• Ability to work with a high degree of independence and initiative
• Five to seven years’ experience in Finance
• Extremely organized and capable of balancing multiple priorities
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills combined with business results-oriented approach
• Strong technical skills including advanced Excel skills.
• Excellent problem-solving skills and strong orientation to customer service
• Strong facilitation and negotiation skills
• Project Management Professional (PMP) designation an asset.
• Experience with BPC, SAP, or Oracle
• 10 years+ experience in utility environment with a range of business functions
ABOUT IAN MARTIN:
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.”