We are currently requesting resumes for the following position: Vacuum Building and PRD Structural Analyst for CANDU Reactor
Resume Due Date: Friday August 16th (5:00PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Duration: Until December 18, 2019
Location: Pickering Nuclear Generating Station
- Independent review of all work related to CSA N 287.7 to extend VBO outage to 2024.
- Review OPG submission to the CNSC.
- Provide recommendations and rationale for OPG.
- Review OPG Feasibility Study of a possible deferral of VBO outage beyond 2024 (e.g. 2028).
- If required, participate and provide support in regulatory discussions and respond to CNSC questions on the feasibility study.
- A degree in Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering related and solid mechanics. 20-25 years of CANDU Reactor structural design and analysis
- Strong knowledge and experience with CSA codes and standards specifically CSA N287.
- Experience on working with the CSA Standards Committee specifically CSA N287.
- Structural, design, Stress, and Seismic analysis of the CANDU Reactor Building, and Reactor Vacuum Building.
- Experience in communication with the regulator i.e. the Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission (CNSC).
- Experience with Finite Element Analysis, Probabilistic Risk Assessment.