Our large IT client, is recognized by customers as Canada’s leading Information Technology company.
We are looking for a Contract Administration Manager to support the team.
Duration: 12 months
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Job duties / account abilities
- Provide administrative and technical support to vendors, relating to cable installation and splicing. Be involved in major project supervision when required.
- Assist vendors with problem solving, work-load management, coordination and follow-ups of projects.
- Ensure practices and external requirements (such as permits, authorization) are respected by vendors; ensure work performed is aligned with the plans, the quotes and the technical norms to meet quality, environmental and health/safety standards.
- Manage and verify vendor administrative follow-ups; work completion, change of dates, changes to plans, pre-billing, rates and extra approvals.
- Act as the company’s representative in front of third parties (municipalities, Ministry of Transportation, Ontario Hydro) for major projects coordination (coordination meeting, preliminary on-site visits and during the construction phase, cost analysis).
- Assist vendors with different relations (municipalities, Ministry of Transportation, Hydro companies).
- Propose alternative solutions for processes, construction and conception norms in order to improve efficiency, quality and costs effectiveness.
- Inform the Purchasing, Process, Contracts and Quality Audits teams about vendor performance issues and work towards corrective measures.
- Analyze, validate and approve billing.
- conduct regular quality and safety inspections in the field.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Critical Qualifications / Competencies
- Experience in dealing with municipalities and utility companies.
- Experience working in construction.
- Past experience in conflict resolution with external vendors.
- Good knowledge of the technical design associated to the outside plant and its technologies.
- Excellent knowledge of project management.
- Knowledge of construction quality standards and health and safety.
- Customer oriented with a high team spirit.
- Excellent organizational skills, including planning of workload and stress management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- PC Proficient – MS Office, Windows environment.
- Valid G Driver’s license
LOOKING FOR MEANINGFUL WORK? WE CAN HELP
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.