Our large IT client, is recognized by customers as Canada’s leading Information Technology company.
We are looking for a Technical Analyst to support the team.
Duration: 12 months
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
The Technical Prime role within the IT/BRS organization is a highly specialized role to support design and delivery of different initiatives in the BRS Ordering, Internet and TV system domains. The Technical Prime is involved in every phase of the projects, as well as in hardware / software / network upgrades and production issue investigations.
Key Account abilities:
- Lead and coordinate design, development (including code reviews), testing and deployment activities, working closely with multiple vendors
- Determine technical feasibility and perform analysis and evaluation of proposed solutions.
- Improve business and software operations by conducting systems analysis and recommending changes.
- Review vendor assessments.
- Perform capacity planning and coordinate performance testing accordingly
- Oversee and assist the vendors and project teams in all test phases (system testing, functional testing, etc.)
- Participate in deployment strategy development with the Deployment primes
- Build executive presentations and communicate release changes (technical) to the support teams.
- Occasional assistance to the production support teams to resolve production issues
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Training & Education
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Software / Computer Engineering or similar.
- Understanding of software architecture patterns and practices – mandatory
- General understanding of network concepts (OSI model, basic network principles, etc.)
- General understanding of hardware / hosting platforms
- General understanding of IT standards and frameworks (ITIL, ETOM, Zachman, TOGAF, etc.)
- Java/J2EE Application servers (Weblogic, WebSphere, JBoss, etc.) – mandatory
- Java enterprise application frameworks
- Web Services / SOA, N-Tier Architectures
- Dynatrace Managed, DCRUM, AppMon, Compuware
- Tapestry, CPQ an asset
- OS (Unix/AIX/Solaris/Linux – mandatory, Windows – nice to have)
- Visio, Enterprise Architect or similar
- Java, J2EE, Spring – mandatory
- XML, XSD, SOAP, XSLT, XQuery
- SOA and Web Services, REST API design, development and testing experience
- C# / .Net
- C / C++
- AngularJS, React, Redux or nodeJS an asset.
- Oracle PL/SQL, SQL – mandatory
- Microsoft SQL Server an asset
- Software development – Java (preferred), C#, C/C++, etc.
- Software architecture
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong technical writing skills
- Strong trouble shooting and problem solving skills
- Proven leadership skills
- Excellent ability to articulate ideas and influence vendors at design
- Excellent ability to articulate technical problems to non-technical audience
- Autonomous, tolerance to a fast paced, fast changing environment
- Strong team player; ability to facilitate, negotiate and work within a multi-domain team environment
- Ability to ramp up quickly on new technologies, languages, frameworks and tools
- Creativity and ingenuity
- Bilingualism an asset
LOOKING FOR MEANINGFUL WORK? WE CAN HELP
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.