Security Manager – Canada
The Manager, Corporate Security coordinates the management and delivery of life/safety, asset protection, crisis management and investigative services to site stakeholders. The manager works with and provides leadership to the Canada security team to identify and mitigate risks to the corporation.
This job opportunity is located in Toronto, ON and can be a Regular Full Time or a Fixed Term Contract position.
What You Will Do
- Provides direction, leadership and overall management of the security team to ensure operational effectiveness in incident response and service delivery.
- Oversees training and development to meet service deliverables.
- Incident Management and Response
- Manages and coordinates investigative response to site issues
- Manages and conducts investigations (workplace violence, theft, fraud, etc.)
- Ensures confidentiality of investigative information, timely completion of reports and the escalation of employee disciplinary issues.
- Develops, reviews and implements legal site specific security policies and/or procedures that effectively mitigate risk and guide the security team in their daily activities
- Oversees threat/risk assessments and coordinates responses to mitigate risk deficiencies
- Builds relationships with regional clients and corporate partners to foster a security culture
- Effectively manages and facilitates the delivery of targeted security services.
- Ensures applicable legislative and company standards are maintained
Training and Awareness
- Acts as co-chair of the Health and Safety Committee
- Provides leadership to the firm's health and safety regulatory commitments in the region
- Develops and manages the site operational and capital budgets.
- Manages business plans and financial budget.
- Assists in the development of local goals and objectives that support major corporate security initiatives.
What We Are Looking For
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5 years’ experience managing in an operational and technical security environment
- Well versed in conducting investigations, including experience with investigation techniques
- Private Investigator’s License (Ontario)
- Advanced degrees or certifications are assets
- Certified Physical Security Professional (CPP)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP)