Our Client is one of the world's largest multinational oil and natural gas service companies. We currently have an available contract assignment for an IT Purchasing Specialist in Houston, TX. Working with a small team, supporting various internal divisions, they are responsible for purchasing and negotiating IT materials, equipment, and supplies (Hardware/software) from vendors
- Receive and review purchase requests
- Evaluates vendor quotes and services to determine most desirable suppliers.
- Negotiate pricing, terms and conditions
- Send agreements
- Familiar with procurement concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- 7-10 Years’ experience in procurement, purchasing and/or supply chain
- Experience purchasing IT equipment and materials (Hardware and/or software)
- Strong Experience with SAP and/or Oracle
- Team player – Flexible to provide support to colleagues when required
- basic legal contract knowledge
- Strong Communication and negotiating skills
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com.
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for an initial interview will be contacted.