Our Banking client in Toronto, ON is looking to hire a “Content Editor” for 6-month role.
As a “Content Editor” is the bulk of this role involves conducting research, synthesizing information, conducting analysis, and making concrete recommendations.
- Prepare analysis reports documenting areas of improvement with suggested copy changes or standards; create content briefs that summarize content requirements to meet business, client and brand needs
- Review content audits to analyze the effectiveness of copy across digital channels and recommend improvements
- Leverage analytics, market data and competitive research to help writers create and maintain meaningful content
- Conduct competitive research and provide reports
- Support business requirements and use-case development by injecting content strategy and editorial expertise; understand audiences and determine the messaging needed to support initiatives; develop and present strategic insights and recommendations to transform complex information into useful and usable content
- Champion content strategy to ensure our work reflects industry best practices and insights gained from stakeholder interviews, metrics, testing, SEO and other research; understand audiences and determine the messaging needed to support initiatives
- Create and maintain templates and frameworks for content strategy planning, exercises and research
- Train others on content strategy best practices and tools as needed
- Lead presentations, organize and run workshops to present content strategy recommendations, lead stakeholders through a design studio, and more
- Monitor and assess industry trends to ensure business and technology advancements are reflected in our work and processes; review and recommend content strategy tools and techniques
- Develop metrics to track effectiveness of implemented content strategy recommendations
- 5+ years of experience in digital communications, content design or UX-related role
- Degree in English, Communications, Design or related experience
- Experience facilitating workshops
- Experience writing marketing content
- Solid understanding of Canadian Press (CP) style
- Digital experience – familiar with digital tools
Nice to Have:
- Familiar with Adobe Experience Manager
- FI experience
- Adobe analytics experience
- JIRA experience
- Visible thread readability experience
- Ability to collect, organize and analyze information from various sources, find patterns, gaps and create an actionable point of view
- Self-motivated with strong interpersonal and communication skills (written, oral and presentation) to communicate strategic content recommendations within a matrix organization
- Strategic and forward-looking thinker who can understand and explain concepts and ideas
- Solid influencing, negotiating and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and competing priorities of varying complexity while under time constraints
- Strong organization skills and sense of accountability.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.”