Our client is one of the world's largest multinational oil & gas company. We are looking for a GIS Analyst I to join their team!
Job Title: GIS Analyst I
Location: Houston, Texas 77056
Duration: Until Aug. 2020 (possible extension)
- The GIS Analyst provides advanced level support and subject matter expertise in relation to the use of GIS to support business processes, conducting complex spatial analysis to produce GIS products that support business decision making and compliance reporting.
- The GIS Analyst ensures that GIS data is created, maintained and updated in accordance to the GIS data model and other internal policies; creates documentation on GIS processes and programs; proactively manages authored material, creating and updating procedures to ensure data quality control is met; and is accountable for creating, maintaining and updating critical GIS datasets, among other duties assigned.
- The GIS Analyst I has 0-3 years’ experience in a GIS role or position that leveraged GIS technology or combination of education and experience, has successfully graduated from an accredited post-secondary GIS program or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The As-Built Analyst will be responsible for reviewing pipe, strength test, coating, fittings, and appurtenances documentation to identify and record the relevant attributes identified as client Mainline Pipe in our GIS (Geographic Information System) database.
- Review construction and engineering records and technical documentation (as-built records, completion reports, bill of materials, purchase orders, contracts, pre-bid and pre-construction documents, construction daily reports, pipe coating inspection reports, etc.) for gas and/or liquids pipeline construction and maintenance, and understand, analyze, and source applicable documents for transmission and site pipe.
- Perform comparative analysis of related records by identifying potential data anomalies and help resolve critical data element discrepancies through additional research.
- Assist in the development and execution of ongoing quality assurance/quality control protocols.
- Follow standard work processes, document results, update records per protocol and published business rules, and communicate progress to team leads.
- Responsible for performing TVC (traceable, verifiable, complete) documentation to GIS (Geographic Information System) and maintaining the integrity of geographic information databases that support the pipeline assets.
- Ensures that GIS data is created, maintained and updated in accordance to the GIS data model and other internal policies.
- Perform a range of technical and support functions relating to the day-to-day maintenance of GIS data which requires a substantial understanding of spatial data principles, map projections, and digital data repositories.
- Ensures traceable, verifiable, complete, and timely submission of operational data performed during the Analyst’s course of work.
- Responsible for updating client's GIS (Geographic Information System) and maintaining the integrity of geographic information databases that support the contiguous pipeline assets.
- 3 – 10 years oil and gas experience (pipeline construction or design experience preferred).
- Extensive knowledge of Compressor Station.
- Work with/analyze large volumes of pipeline construction and maintenance data.
- Extensive knowledge of pipeline facilities (compressor stations, meter stations, main line valve assemblies, etc.) is desired.
- Moderate skill level in MS Office Applications (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Proficiency in CAD tools and ESRI platform.