Our client is one of the world's largest multinational utility service companies.
We currently have an available contract assignment for DevOps Engineer in Lachine, QC
As a DevOps Engineer, you will:
- Analyze existing infrastructure and application design.
- Represent infrastructure in discussion about solution architecture.
- Collect, analyze logs and data from the multiple environments.
- Drive improvements in existing tool suite.
- Develop, implement and maintain automation tools and CI/CD pipeline following best practices.
- Take charge of code deployment in multiples environments.
- Interact closely with software development team.
- Join a high-performing Agile team adept in the ways of scrum and test-driven development.
- Execute in a fast pace delivery mode and focus in delivering tasks to meet the product release goal.
- Computer, electrical, or software engineering degree (or equivalent experience) with 4+ years working experience.
- DevOps experience.
- Software development experience.
- Very good Linux experience e.g. system admin or development.
- Capacity to produce quality code (automation, tools, …) following industry standards.
- Networking experience with strong knowledge of UDP, TCP and IP v4/6 specifications.
- Familiar with CI/CD tools like Jenkins.
- Familiar with main cloud providers and their products (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Familiar with containers orchestration systems e.g. Docker on Kubernetes
- Proficient with build systems and tools: gcc, makefile, cmake, bit bake, maven, golang.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Ability to quickly embrace and understand new technologies.
- Ability to assimilate new information and understand complex topics.
- Energetic, autonomous, and motivated.
- Experience with NoSQL databases e.g. Cassandra.
- Experience with MQTT brokers like RabbitMQ.
- At ease with GIT software version control system.
- Familiar with Agile software development.
- Knowledge of security/access control, scalability, high availability, online diagnostic, deployment, upgrade/migration, production support.
- Working proficiency in both French and English.
Tools and Software:
- Must be willing to comply with pre-employment screening, including but not limited, reference verification and background check.
- Must have unrestricted Canadian work authorization.