Our Calgary based energy client has an immediate need for an Open Text Content Server Developer. This would be a five (5) month contract scheduled to begin in September 2019 and run through February 2020.
Temporary, dedicated ECM technical resource to work to deliver full-time support to IMB in the implementation of enterprise non-regulatory content in ECM. Also, to build ECM capabilities to enable meeting legislated information management requirements and information governance policy requirements.
- Content Server Records Management Capability: declaration of official & transitory records, content elevation from DRAFT to FINAL, including permission, finalization/declaration, and disposition management of records. Content review & approval including content review & input (comment, feedback).
- Content ingestion into ECM & Maintenance: User centric approach to ingesting records created and captured outside the ECM with appropriate metadata. Update and maintenance of key metadata attribute values, by users and IM team. Use categorizations to enhance RM classifications
- Content Search: Enterprise Search templates, program and collections based search leveraging enterprise data (SQL Server based central database) and ECM metadata for search of ECM content. Enterprise search of records (Regulatory, Non-regulatory) – metadata based.
- CS16 Solution Architecture: Solution architecture design for CS16 environment leveraging ECM functionalities & capabilities that delivers user value and IM governance.
Senior ECM Developer to provide development and functional expertise designing and developing solutions for ECM (Open Text Content Server), as well as providing advice, guidance, consultation, and support for the development of an ECM solution platform roadmap, strategy, and approach that will help ensure the successful delivery of user centric business solutions that foster efficient on-boarding of business units/processes to the ECM.
1. Declaration of Official & Transitory Records (Regulatory and Non-Regulatory)
2. Official Records Disposition Management
3. Content review & approval including content review & input (comment, feedback)
4. Ingestion of records from outside of ECM as Official/Transitory Record and working files.
5. Metadata Maintenance: Update and maintenance of key attribute values
6. Search: Enterprise Search templates, program and collections based search leveraging enterprise data and ECM metadata for search ECM content. Enterprise search of records (Regulatory, Non-regulatory) – metadata based
• 10+ years of overall solution development work experience.
• Knowledge of software development standards and best practice approaches.
• Ability to troubleshoot and debug in assigned technology.
• Ability to learn and apply new technologies quickly.
• Good understanding of the overall ECM processes and concepts (Capture, Manage, Store, Preserve, Deliver).
• 5+ years of experience working on OpenText Content Server (10.5/16) and other related OpenText products.
• 5+ years of experience working with OpenText Records Management.
• Comprehensive understanding of ECM OpenText modules, platform architecture, and products.
• Experience working with other OpenText products Records Management, Enterprise Connect, Smart UI is preferred.
• Experience working with Workflows, CS Widgets, Workspaces, Connected Workspaces, Web Reports, Web Forms, Templates, Smart UI and Records Management in Livelink/Content Server.
• Experience conducting fit gap review and analysis with a view to documenting the optimum solution architecture leveraging OpenText ECM capabilities.
• Experience working with Office 365 (onPrem and cloud) integrations with OpenText.
• Experience with other ECM solutions such as Confluence, SharePoint, and others.
Other skills deemed necessary
• Person that is Pro-active
• Using their expertise to voice constructive opinions in solution development
• Demonstrated analytical and creative problem-solving skills with the ability to utilize data to recommend solutions and drive strategic business decisions.
• Experience modeling complex business processes and translating them into understandable IT constructs, along with demonstrated ability to relate user stories/requirements to technology implementation.
• Experience and/or knowledge of function-based classification systems: Category/Attribute development and use of categorization to enhance classification.
• Communication skills
• Understanding of Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, XP, or Lean)
• Setting Sprint goals and managing team/self-capacity to meet deliverables
• Working with Sprint iterations and backlog grooming
• Working in teams and understanding the roles of each person on the project team
• Managing expectations
• Managing multiple concurrent tasks in an environment of changing deadlines, priorities and requirements
• Participating in sprint review or retrospective meetings
What is the one or two key essential skills that will make this person succeed?
• High task and time management
• Solution design and development skills with Open Text Content Server
• OpenText Content Server 10.5 / 16 Records Management solution design & implementations.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.