Our large IT client, is recognized by customers as Canada’s leading Information Technology company.
We are looking for an Android Developer – Senior to support the team.
Duration: 12 months
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
The Android Developer will be a part of a highly skilled, Agile team and work in a collaborative environment where continuous learning opportunities and challenging work is a constant. You will employ agile development practices including test and deployment automation as well as Continuous Integration to improve overall execution speed and product quality.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 5+ years of industry experience developing mobile Android Apps.
- An impressive Android project (or several) in the app store.
- Strong experience with Java and JSON.
- Experience with Kotlin.
- Experience crafting and building user interfaces for both Android smartphones and tablets.
- Strong experience and knowledge of Design and Architectural patterns and knows when to apply them.
- Experience working in an Agile Team environment as well as work independently.
- Comfortable in a dynamic environment with multiple concurrent priorities.
- Stay current and competitive by keeping up-to-date with the latest Android platform capabilities and make relevant recommendations.
- Be a technology advocate and share expertise with other team members.
- Be a key partner to the business and the rest of the team throughout the delivery cycle.
- Think through challenging and interesting problems and solve them with your team.
- You are someone who is not afraid to bring ideas to the table and possess strong communication and collaboration skills
- 5+ years’ experience of development in languages that include Java and JSON.
- 3+ years experience in Android development utilizing Material Design, Android Studio and SQLite database experience.
- 3+ years’ experience driving and supporting the development of new mobile capabilities and features based on current market trends and implementation
- 3+ years with build and version control systems such as GIT and Android SDK build tools.
- 5+ years’ experience acting as mobile and technology expert to support LOBs roadmap and help to solve business problems/objectives.
- Development experience includes unit testing and ensuring testing code coverage.
- Experience with Android libraries and best practices when it comes to communicating with RESTful and SOAP webservices.
- Experience in cloud solutions to enhance technology solutions (push notifications through amazon SNS).
- Experience in iOS development.
- Knowledge of security protocols such as OAuth.
- Experience with automation/CI tools to support continuous integration.
- Experience in development and support cloud through Amazon cloud services.
LOOKING FOR MEANINGFUL WORK? WE CAN HELP
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.