Our client is one of the world's largest multinational utility service companies.
We currently have an available contract assignment for Buyer in Brossard, QC
If you have experience with the following, then we would like to meet with you.
- French AND English (communications)
- A minimum of 7 years in a similar role
- Pro-actively / solution oriented
- Knowledge of contractual requirements, understanding of applicable GE Terms and Conditions
- Knowledge of Microsoft suite (Word, Excel, etc…)
- Knowledge of SAP
- Use of commodity strategies
- Daily management of Purchase Requests
- Send RFQs to supplier as per GE Policy
- Negotiations with suppliers / Quote analysis in terms of pricing, delivery and specific requirements
- Issue Purchase Orders
- Prepare Technical Reviews / Kick off Meetings when required by GE, assisted by Quality, Engineering and other GE services
- As a direct report to the Head Buyer, the buyer is responsible for the sourcing of different components, for direct and / or indirect materials.
- The buyer will prepare and send RFQs to our suppliers, using our SAP system.
- The buyer will do negotiations with supplier, the quote analysis, as Total Cost of Ownership.
- The buyer will be responsible to prepare and issue Purchase Orders, in accordance with the Commodity Manager’s basic instructions.