Do you want to work for one of the largest Utility company in Massachusetts? They are currently looking for a “Contract Specialist” to support their facility in Waltham, MA. If you’re interested and qualified, we urge you to apply!
This position will include support associated with the day-to-day relationship, contract management, and project management of transmission customer projects to ensure superior customer satisfaction, compliance with contracts and tariffs, to enhance corporate reputation
The Commercial Services Account Management team manage the community of transmission customers that connect to or operate within our networks in New England. This role includes support associated with the day-to-day relationship, contract management, and project management of transmission customer projects to ensure superior customer satisfaction, compliance with contracts and tariffs, to enhance corporate reputation. This position will provide overall support to the Account Management team and will entail the management and contract administration of a portfolio of interconnection projects to ensure seamless communication with customers and internal team members to meet customer priorities.
- Manage and direct customer activities in order to deliver solutions to achieve superior customer satisfaction within assigned account portfolio.
- Administer new interconnection requests by participating in internal and external scoping meetings, negotiating study agreements, and documenting status of new and developing requests.
- Ensure all interconnection requirements are appropriately assessed, designed, planned, resourced and scheduled in a timely and cost-effective manner to ensure best value for client and the interconnecting customer.
- Research and respond to customer or internal requests related to contract provisions; including billing.
- Coordinate with Network Strategy, Project Management and Operations to communicate capital project and outage information to customers, to provide superior customer service and meet contractual obligations.
- Validate that meeting provisions contained within our contracts including scope, schedule, and budget items. Communicate internally and with customers on variations.
- Ensure data and status associated with customer and contract information is incorporated into Salesforce system for accurate reporting and account continuity.
Knowledge & Experience
- Strong background in Contract Management, Electric Utilities and/or Construction is a plus
- Legal background and knowledge of contracting terms & conditions, strongly preferred
- Public Speaking – Contract Specialist must be comfortable speaking in front of both large and small groups. Contract Specialist may often lead meetings or be required to facilitate discussions with individual customers
- Written Communication – Contract Specialist is responsible for maintaining main contract documents and relaying information to customers and stakeholders. Individual is required to process large amounts of information and write clear and concise project agreement documents that convey our policy and the scope of the project.
- Stakeholder Management – Contract Specialist will be expected to maintain a relationship with all our & Customers. Individual should expect to check in with all stakeholders.
- Analytical Skills – Contract Specialist will be required to input data and structure reports to aid in the management of the contract and for tracking purposes.
- Project Management – Preference is for Contract Specialist to have Project Management experience and be familiar with lifecycle of a project. The Contract Specialist will be expected to lead meetings and track/report on status of active issues.
- Negotiations – Contract Specialist will contribute to the negotiation on the contracts process. Proven experience negotiating contracts is a plus
- Problem Solver – the large portion of the Contract Specialists time will be solving problems. Contract Specialist is required to perform analysis and make a recommendation and gain buy-in.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Contract Management – at least 5+ years of experience
- High level competencies in relationship management, communication, and conflict resolution
- Travel – some local travel may be required to customer sites. Remote working arrangements are available.
- Negotiating and Reporting
- Strong Probability and decision-making skills
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy is a must
- Proficiency – Microsoft Office applications – more advanced Word skills are a plus.
- Ability to work within a matrix environment and function as a team member to accomplish the Departments goals
- Effective communications skills and a Good Listener
- Team participation – willing to step in and help others
- Stress management skills