GMAW (MIG) Welder
- Milton, Ontario
- Temp-to-Permanent (Working Interview)
- Days or Afternoon Shifts Available, Must be Flexible to Start on Days
- $20 to $26 per hour, plus $3 per hour Afternoon Shift Premium
- Stable Work Environment, Long Term Opportunities, Hands-On Training
- Overtime Available
Ian Martin Workforce is working with a family-owned and operated business that has been around for almost 60 years. They manufacture custom Steel and Aluminum Bodies for service, utility, cranes, emergency rescue, tool boxes and diesel tanks. They are offering a long-term opportunity with a company that will invest in you and is continuing to grow.
As our new GMAW Welder, you will enjoy working in a busy fabrication shop making large custom bodies for trucks using thin gauge (16 to 10) sheet metal of Aluminum and Steel. You will get the chance to work on different of trailer bodies with lots of variety. You will work closely with other departments and maintain excellent communication to ensure timely production and communicate challenges immediately. You will be working in your own space, not on a line.
What you’ll be doing…
- Read blueprints and drawings and take or read measurements to plan layout and procedures
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements
- Set up components for welding according to specifications (e.g. cut material with powered saws to match measurements)
- Operate angle grinders to prepare the parts that must be welded
- Align components and clamp pieces
- Weld components using MIG welding equipment in various positions (vertical, horizontal or overhead)
- Repair machinery and other components by welding pieces and filling gaps
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structure to discover flaws
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety
- Complete tasks as assigned in a timely manner to ensure meeting customer’s requirements
This is the right job for you because…
- All Position GMAW (MIG) Welder with a couple of years of experience.
- Can weld thin gauge Aluminum and Steel (16 to 10 in Steel and thinner in Aluminum)
- Experience using a variety of welding equipment and procedures
- Experience in using electrical or manual tools (saws, tape measure, calipers etc.)
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings
- A positive person with a great attitude and a strong work ethic
- Eager to learn new skills and improve upon your existing ones
- Take ownership and pride in what you do, you enjoy seeing your finished product and always try to do your best work
- Knowledge of relative safety standards and willingness to use protective clothing (face-shield, gloves etc.)
- Deftness and attention to detail
- Proficient in English both written and verbal
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs, excellent vision and manual dexterity
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com or text (905) 330 9861.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.