Do you want to work for one of the largest Healthcare company in Massachusetts? They are currently looking for a “Software Quality Engineer” to support their facility in Westborough, MA. If you’re interested and qualified, we urge you to apply!
The Software Quality Engineer is responsible for oversight of quality and risk management throughout the software lifecycle, independently audits the adequacy of design specifications, Verification & Validation test plans, and reliability test plans for products
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Participate with cross-functional team with other business and engineering disciplines. Establish the principles of product and service quality evaluation and control for the system. Provide independent oversight and review of the project deliverables throughout the software product lifecycle.
- Experience in industrial automation within the Bioprocess, medical device, pharma/biotech industries is preferred.
- Provide technical expertise to ensure detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Ensure bugs/defects are identified, recorded, documented thoroughly and tracked.
- Help develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs.
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements.
- Monitor debugging process results.
- Ensure investigation of the causes of non-conforming software, appropriate corrective actions and user training.
- Ensure quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts are tracked.
- Stay up to date with new testing tools and test strategies.
- Proven work experience in software development
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience in development of clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Experience working in an Agile development process
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject