Our market leading energy client has an immediate need for a Pipeline Engineer specifically for automation systems and data to join their team for contract position located at their Edmonton office. Could this be you?
How you will bring value?
In this role you will provide specialized technical automation and data management knowhow, leadership, consistent direction, focus, and support to Pipeline Integrity. More specifically, you will support a team that is tasked with operating the automation systems in Pipeline Integrity. You will have a support role working across the department to gather, design, develop, and justify business improvement opportunities that require automation system enhancements. All this will help you enable the department to successfully deliver on its strategic vision using automation, advanced analytics, and data duties, while maintaining a productive partnership with the TIS delivery team.
What will you be doing?
- Support and coordinate MOCs, end-to-end change and business readiness activities over the lifecycle of improvement projects (from opportunity assessment, business case through to design, prototyping and operationalization).
- Maintain trending process of ILI and NDE data, ensuring process is followed and data is high quality.
- Maintain strong business sponsorship for all projects, engaging the appropriate subject matter experts and leaders to ensure projects are delivered and adopted successfully in Pipeline Integrity.
- Support projects that improve data quality and promote the use of data to meet strategic business goals.
- Ensure automation system support services are delivered throughout Pipeline Integrity so engineers make best use of the systems, engaging TIS for TIER 1/2/3 support as necessary.
- Responsible for maintaining the portfolio of automation system improvement projects while ensuring appropriate benefits realization methods are used that prove strong ROI and justification.
- Develop, implement and support data and records management processes and works with other departments to ensure alignment and accountability.
What do you need to succeed?
- The role requires exceptional expertise and attention to detail as the information being managed is utilized in making critical pipeline safety decisions.
- Degree or diploma in related field.
- P. Eng is required.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and with senior stakeholders.
- Strong people leadership skills.
- Self-motivated for success and strong partnerships with all stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Nice to haves
- Demonstrated experience leveraging data to support strategic business goals.
- Excellent facilitation, mediation, negotiation and resolution skills.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.