Our Banking Client in Toronto, ON is looking to hire a Application Developer with SCM Specialist / Build Engineer for 6+ months of contract role with possibility of extension
As a Application Developer, candidate is responsible to participate in agile software development projects by priming and executing SCM activities such as build, packaging, and deployment.
• Set up and maintain automation by adopting trending DevOps technologies and processes.
• Ensure SCM infrastructure and tools, including GitHub, Jenkins, Artifactory, Jira, Confluence, and TFS, are current, reliable and operational.
• Support application deployment and troubleshooting of environments.
• Develop, document, and promote branch/merge strategies, build and packaging methodologies, and ensure they comply with both Client and industry standards and best practices.
• Communicate, present, and ensure compliance of SCM strategies to development teams.
What Project Will The Contractor Be Working On: As a Software Configuration Specialist, the contractor will join the Technology department to provide and implement DevOps solutions automating source control, build, packaging, deployment, and code quality control.
Who Will The Contractor Be Working With on a Daily Basis: The contractor will be working with development team, Quality Assurance team, Application Operation team, and other teams within the bank.
• 5+ years of experience in IT industry
• Knowledge of SCM fundamental concepts and practices such as branch/merge strategies, build process, packaging approaches, and deployment best practice.
• Extensive knowledge and experience with Java middleware application build and deployment automation using Jenkins and Maven.
• Experience with:
o UNIX shell scripting
o Middleware deployment and configuration in WebLogic or JBoss.
• Knowledge of approaches, tools and techniques for anticipating, recognizing, and resolving technical (software, application or operational) problems.
• Able to build and maintain relationships within and across different teams.
• Client focus and attention to details.
• Must have bachelor’s or equivalent degree in Computer Science or related field
Nice to Have:
• Solaris packaging experience or Linux RPM packaging
• Team Foundation Server/Azure DevOps Server
• .Net application build experience.
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
• Ability to manage multiple priorities concurrently
• Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
• Teamwork, and accountability.
ABOUT IAN MARTIN:
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.”