Our Client is looking for Planning & Logistics Specialist to support their facility in Oakville, Ontario. If you’re interested and qualified, we urge you to apply!
Position: Planning & Logistics Specialist
Location: Oakville, Ontario
Duration: Until 09/03/2020 (possible extension)
- Arrange export and import of shipments by various multimodal transports (Air, Ocean, Road) to/from various overseas destinations and compliance with Transport of Dangerous Goods regulations as per IATA/IMDG regulations.
- Responsible for compliance with Customs Acts and regulations (CBSA/CBP) Submit CAED Export declarations (B-13) through CAED software online for commercial goods per Customs Act.
- Provide cost estimates on request to internal end users, for movement of goods to domestic /overseas destinations based upon use of appropriate carrier and modes of transport (Air, Sea, Rail, and Ocean)
- Maintain logistics, export/import compliance and reporting databases and support the accuracy of the databases on ongoing basis.
- Coordinate and expedite the flow of work and materials within or between departments per shipment schedule
- Analyze, understand, and convert MRP messages to purchase orders and plans to meet forecast as well as demand for both eastern and western Canada fulfilment.
- Interface with production, sales, purchasing and suppliers to schedule purchase orders. Identify and react to short term material plans that do not meet customer requirements
- Identify, analyze, and manage potential and actual issues and risks, take corrective action by tackling day-to-day issues.
- Create and/or maintain transactional inventory records
- Execute SAP transactions of receiving, storing, picking, staging and distribution of materials required for assembly manufacture of product
- When required maintain accurate files of packing and shipping activities
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college in supply chain/business, with a minimum 5-7 years' experience in planning and logistics function.
- Minimum 3 years of SAP experience in procurement, planning and shipment module
- Must have working knowledge of import/export regulations (e.g. Tariff Classification; Certificate of Origin, Commercial Invoice, B13, etc.) and carrier management.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to communicate across all levels of the organization
- Ability to adapt / drive change across a global team in a dynamic business environment
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Six Sigma training is preferred
- Strong result oriented mindset
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong computer skills
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.