Our client is one of Canada’s largest integrated oil companies and they have an immediate need for a Production Analyst for a nine month contract opportunity. You would be working out of their corporate head office located in downtown Calgary.
Job Title: PRODUCTION ANALYST
The Midstream Production team is responsible for production forecasting, the logistical management of physical movements of heavy crude, diluent and synthetic crude through the Midstream Pipelines and Terminals, associated customer accounts and volumetric accounting and reporting.
This position is a customer service, logistics and operations role based in Calgary with primary responsibility for production logistics, blending, volumetric accounting, customer accounts/services and reporting. This position is one of the primary contact/liaison positions with Shippers/Customers, Pipeline Connected Facilities, Midstream Pipeline Field personnel and internal business stakeholders.
The role requires the individual to have the ability to work well in a fast paced, deadline driven, multi-tasking/priority environment.
- Manage the movements of crude and/or diluent through the MIdstream Pipelines and Terminals to meet all customer and supply availability requirements across the Midstream Pipelines and Terminals
- Liaison between Shippers, Pipeline Connected Facility Operators, Field Operations as required to manage throughput, Shipper and Connected Facility requirements/issues
- Develop analytics, contingency / strategy plans, participate in resolution and problem solving employing an ability to react quickly and efficiently to Pipeline sensitivity due to all issues/events (Midstream Pipelines & Terminals, Pipeline Connected Facilities and Trunklines)
- Participate in and/or manage restriction, curtailment or apportionment activities
- Manage, monitor, reconcile and report on all Midstream Pipelines and Terminals Shipper positions to ensure all shippers are balanced and contracts are met
- Manage forecasting and resolve nomination issues/discrepancies (initial & revised)
- Perform and/or participate in all forecasting activities (i.e. Month End Shippers Balances, Weekly Splits, Budgeting and Quarterly forecasting)
- Customer communications (written & verbal) as required
- Reporting – i.e. Crude Oil Logistics, Internal (all levels), Government and Petroleum Registry
- Develop, operate, manage and maintain integrity of applications/workbooks
- Subject matter expert for Integrated Pipeline System (IPS) Project
- Participate in special projects/work requests as required
- On-call and after core business hours availability (issue and deadline driven)
- Cross-training within core and multi-functional area
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to the above
Must Have Skills:
- Post-secondary Business/Economics Degree/Certificate or related discipline or 5+ years experience in Midstream logistics, scheduling or related experience
- Midstream Asset Operations
- 3 to 7 years directly related experience with a broad knowledge of pipeline systems operations and inventory management expertise
Nice To Have Skills:
- 2+ years crude oil blending or relative industry experience
- 2+ years Industry reporting and procedures (PRA, COLC, AB, SK & Stats Can Volumetric Directives/Guidelines)
- Comprehensive knowledge of the pipeline's rules and regulations
- Intermediate to advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Excel mandatory
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure to meet deadlines and during times of pipeline upsets
- Exceptional communication skills in all forms including the ability to present information clearly and concisely
- Highly organized with excellent multi-tasking and / or task switching ability
- Developed qualitative and quantitative analytical skills
- Skilled problem solver with ability to develop solutions in collaboration with others and as a result have a reputation as being a team player
- Strong interpersonal skills. The ability to transact with personnel at various levels both internally and externally. Negotiate, influence, present and represent with diplomacy and tact, while responding effectively/efficiently to the needs of diverse clients with a focus on customer service
- Orientation to results and comfortable providing and receiving constructive feedback
- Enthusiasm, a desire to learn and flexibility to change
- Ability to adhere to corporate, business unit and industry governance
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.