Do you want to work for one of the largest “Utility” company in New York? They are currently looking for an “Construction Planner/Scheduler” to support their facility in Syracuse, NY. If you’re interested and qualified, we urge you to apply!
This person will be responsible for scheduling of all civil construction work and for fielding all requests for work, gathering information on the jobs, and working with the contractors to maintain the schedule.
- Build and develop relationships with external vendors performing civil construction services
- Build, develop, and maintain crucial internal relationships with Design, Program Management, Distribution Construction, Operations Divisions, Distribution Support, and Procurement to ensure smooth completion of assigned projects.
- Field requests for work from a variety of stakeholders.
- Advocate culture change of internal departments to funnel work through single point of contact.
- Collect and organize all job-related documents / information (drawings, sketches, job cards, timelines, etc.)
- Close coordination with Supply Chain to assure the timely requesting and delivery of materials.
- Participate in pre-construction meetings
- Author Work Authorizations for the work. Ensure Work Authorization is fully executed before the job begins
- Work with stakeholders to determine which jobs will be competitively bid. Participate in RFPs and be part of the evaluation team.
- Implement contract strategies/initiatives and coordinate external construction resources to optimize progress on capital work in 100% compliance with safety, quality, and cost control requirements.
- Monitor upstream dependencies, facilitate construction schedules, and set priorities for Construction Supervisors, Design, and Distribution Support to execute the work plan, evaluate/resolve planning and implementation issues, and to ensure timely delivery of projects to contractors.
- Drive Contractor performance/progress through monitoring construction project status, assessing schedule performance, reassigning Contractor resources, and developing management information to assess future contractor workload assignments, ensure efficient work plan delivery and timely internal stakeholder support.
- Update and oversee the use/completeness of the Construction Management Database, to ensure accurate data and reporting capabilities.
- Set up and facilitate routine Contractor Scheduling meetings.
- Solid understanding of Civil Construction methods, materials and designs.
- Support weather related events, Participation when required on all storm and emergency restoration efforts.
- Schedule Management.
- Experience developing and managing schedules Experience in project planning and portfolio planning to maximize efficiencies and garner savings.
- Well-developed written and communication skills, ability to present and explain report data to upper management.
- Ability to work well with others Strong organizational skills Experience working in a dynamic environment Working with a third part service provider Comfortable in working both alone and in team settings.
- Bachelor’s Degree in construction management, Project Management, Civil Engineering, or 1-3 years qualifying experience.
- Proven communication skills Microsoft Office Applications including Excel, PowerPoint, Word Scheduling Software – Microsoft Project, Primavera Self-motivated Ability to lead and participate in cross functional teams with varying goals.
- Project Management Certification a plus Familiarity and experience with UG, Substation and Civil Construction Demonstrated successful delivery of large projects requiring project management oversight.