Our client is one Canada’s largest integrated oil companies. They have an immediate need for a Senior Corrosion Engineer to join their team for a twelve (12) month contract position in Lloydminster, Saskatchewan. The successful candidate must either live in the Lloydminster area or relocate to the city for this opportunity. This position is a Monday to Friday, forty hour per week position.
This position is responsible for providing corrosion engineering support for Cold Production for pipelines, treatment facilities and other assets related to upstream production. This is a senior position and requires delegation, supervision and authentication of work completed by junior team members as part of the role.
- Corrosion monitoring and inspection
- Develop and maintain corrosion management strategies for pipeline and facility equipment
- Work with 3rd party vendors to review corrosion monitoring data and optimize systems
- Identify lessons learned and develop operating best practices to mitigate high-risk corrosion mechanisms
- Corrosion evaluations and failure analyses
- Perform corrosion evaluations, conduct root-cause failure analyses
- Prepare reports and make recommendations to prevent future failures
- Working with third party vendors to conduct detailed analyses
- Designing for corrosion control
- Review designs for new installations and facility improvements for corrosion issues
- Identify and recommend appropriate mitigation strategies to be incorporated in the designs
- Participate in Management of Change reviews for changes to facility equipment, processes or operational practices
- Mentorship and supervision
- Delegate, supervise, and review work being performed by junior team members
- Provide mentorship and technical guidance for junior team members
Must Have Skills:
- Degree in engineering (mechanical, materials or chemical preferred) or diploma from an accredited technical institution with a focus on corrosion sciences
- Internal Corrosion for Pipelines from NACE International or equivalent
- Licensed professional engineer or professional licensee (Engineering) in Alberta or Saskatchewan
- 8+ years of experience corrosion monitoring for upstream pipeline systems and facilities
- 8+ years of experience performing corrosion evaluations and failure analysis for oil and gas facility equipment
- 8+ years experience designing corrosion management plans
- 5-10 years of experience working in upstream or downstream oil and gas facilities or pipelines
- Working knowledge of internal & external corrosion mechanisms common to upstream oil & gas
- Working knowledge of direct and indirect corrosion monitoring methods including, visual, chemical, electronic and non-destructive techniques
- Working knowledge of corrosion mitigation techniques, including coating application, process control, chemical inhibition and electrochemical methods
- Ability to supervise, review and approve work of junior team members
- Familiar with oil & gas facility design, operation and maintenance
- Strong, effective communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple competing priorities and tasks
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with operations personnel
Nice to Have Skills:
- NACE Corrosion Technologist or NACE Internal Corrosion Technologist certification
- NACE Senior and Specialist-level certifications, or other relevant NACE certifications
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.