We are looking for a Strategic Sourcing Specialist on behalf of one of Massachusetts’s largest utility companies. This is a long term contract with the possibility of becoming full time and based out of their Waltham facility.
The Senior Strategic Sourcing Specialist is responsible for supporting sourcing activities within US Procurement.
- Work with Category Management team to establish clear business needs & develop strategies
- Execute sourcing activities (RFX/E-sourcing)
- Supplier relationship management
- Contract & terms negation
- Identify the appropriate supplier performance measurements (KPIs)
- Expectation is to typically improve process efficiency by 5-10% over a 6-12 month period
- Keeping up to date on industry trends
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A or B.S) required; in supply chain, finance or business preferred
- C.P.M or equivalent certifications preferred
- 2+ years’ experience in strategic sourcing, contract negotiations and category management
- Demonstrated knowledge of SAP, Ariba, P2P systems or equivalent
- strong interpersonal skills, specifically in communications across a multi-national organization
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com.
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for an initial interview will be contacted.