Our Oil & Gas client, located in North York, is seeking a Records Management Advisor to join their growing team in North York, ON for a 12-month contract role.
This role will be focused on the sustainment and enhancement of records and information management (RIM) initiatives within our client. The primary focus is on the analysis, development and implementation of support and continuous improvement of RIM initiatives. It also includes change management and training processes for participating business units/projects and as well as the consolidation of 2 major client sites.
- Supports the records and information management (RIM) leadership in the implementation of Best in Class, Peak Performance team, through participation in efforts to develop team purpose/values and ongoing demonstration of leadership behavior.
- Participates in the continuous improvement of RIM best practices and guidelines across Enbridge, based on business value creation and compliance management.
- Provide RIM recommendations as part of system decommissioning and records migration activities.
- Partner with Facilities and other departments to reclaim work space through the effectively handling of records and purging of transitory material as part of office renovations, consolidations and closures.
- Uses the RIM Business Analysis Methodology and Framework in the delivery of the Governance and Compliance service.
- Evaluates findings and recommends changes or modifications to RIM procedures.
- Plan and deliver RIM evaluations of business practices and RIM systems and processes. Work closely with business units to monitor and review internal policies and procedures to ensure compliance with RIM policies and standards.
- Provides Records and Information Governance expertise to individuals/teams and to other RIM team members.
- Evaluates RIM systems to ensure existing methods for efficient handling, protecting, and disposing of business records and information are adhered to and works with the business / TIS to remediate gaps.
- Identifying RIM knowledge gaps and propose / develop curriculums to address accordingly, collaborating with stakeholder groups to ensure successful delivery.
- Manage the RIM Business Authority relationships, including the awareness of the team site, the primary repository for RIM support materials, community of practice details and resources.
- Research and prepare impactful content in diverse formats and to a variety of audiences to advance RIM goals, including on ELink, for Safety Moments, presentations and Community of Practices.
- Work with the business to conduct post-implementation assessments that evaluate the success of the change and present findings in a concise and meaningful way that ties back to business benefits.
- Ability to create, work with and present to all levels in the org. First contacts will be the transition team and the Business Authorities (Director Level)
- Governance background as there will be policies, standards and guides that will be updated or rewritten with the combined org.
- Self-sufficient and work with little supervision
- Build relationships and influence change and new behaviors.
- University degree in a related information management field plus 5 years related work experience in a combination of records and information management policy development, and business analysis or equivalent training and experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of RIM concepts and practices in the regulated/utility environment.
- Must have appropriate knowledge of the regulatory and quality requirements of the industry.
- Experience developing and maintaining policies, procedures, standards and guidelines.
- Experience with records management activities tied to mergers, acquisitions and divestitures.
- Good organizational and time management skills, including a highly methodical approach and the ability to keep track of multiple pieces of work, combined with a capacity to remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to educate others and facilitate change within a business environment.
- Well-developed analytical skills; experience in reporting, metrics and quality management. Ability to articulate how data and analysis relates to key performance indicators
- High proficiency in computer technology and business applications, including: MS-Outlook, MS-Excel, MS-Access, MS-PowerPoint and content management systems such as SharePoint.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.”