We are currently requesting resumes for the following position: Site Preparation License Technical Specialists
Resume Due Date: Monday, August 26th (5:00PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 2
Duration: 2 years
Location: 889 Brock Road, Pickering, Ontario
- Support Department Manager with the execution and oversight of the work to renew the Site Preparation Licence. Specific tasks/deliverables will include:
- Develop new or revise existing OPG governing documents to support a management system that will be used for DNNP
- Produce & review technical documents supporting the licence renewal.
- Update the project commitment report, as required.
- Track supporting organizations on their required deliverables for the licence renewal application, this will require direct interface with various organizations across OPG nuclear.
- Review or assist, where required, dispositions, scoping and costing of impact mitigating measures.
- Advise the Department Manager on relative importance of items to support licence process.
- Requires an in-depth knowledge of engineering and project management concepts to effectively coordinate projects and programs.
- Requires business acumen and analytical skills to analyze data on proposals.
- Requires knowledge of the nuclear power generation and familiarity with the CNSC licensing process.
- Requires a strong knowledge of English to communicate effectively with internal/external stakeholders, to prepare program proposals, write reports and/or present recommendations.
- Familiarity with various external regulatory agencies.
- Requires a thorough understanding of nuclear management system, governance, processes and CSA N286-12.
- Familiar with Environmental Protection and Nuclear Safety regulations, principles and concepts.
- Requires experience in nuclear engineering, business, contract negotiations, risk evaluation, identification of financial, operational and technical issues associated with projects, to evaluate project alternatives and prepare business cases.
- Requires experience with project management, methods, techniques and concepts, and strong leadership skills to effectively participate, and at times lead, project teams.
- Requires experience working with external consultants/contractors. Requires experience working in partnership arrangements.
- More than 15 years of experience in nuclear power industry is preferable.