- Elmira, Ontario
- 5:30 PM to 1:30 AM, Monday to Friday
- $34 per hour (+$1 for Lead Hand)
- Must have 310T / 310S / 310J Certification of Qualification
- Relocation Allowance and up to 30-days of Temporary Housing Available
- Company paid benefits after 3-months and RSP Matching
Ian Martin Workforce is working with a leading live poultry transportation company know for their best-in-class service to their customers and have a reputation for having long-term employees. They have experienced a lot of growth and looking to start an Afternoon shift to handle the demands on the large 300-piece fleet, a mix of Trailers, Tractors, and Passenger vehicles.
Despite their growth, their shop is a low stress environment focused on teamwork and learning from each other. This company respects and emphasis the importance of work-life balance, they are progressive, embrace technology and make sure that you are comfortable putting your name on repair before that piece goes back on the road. They are committed to keeping all their people safe above all else. They take their work seriously, but not themselves. If you take great pride in your work, laid back and easy going, wanting to find a place that will support you – this could be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
What you’ll be doing…
- Service and repairs to fleet of trucks, trailers, and passenger vehicles which can include full engine and transmission rebuilds
- Perform inspections and diagnostic tests
- Perform preventative maintenance service
- Conduct Annual inspections on fleet
- Completing electronic work orders
- Reading and referencing technical manuals in order to complete a task
Why this is the job for you…
- Certification of Qualification for either 310T (Truck and Coach), 310J (Trailer), and/or 310S (Automotive)
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in a similar environment including apprenticeship.
- Minimum Full G License with Clean Drivers Abstract, DZ or Class 3 would be an asset
- Experience with Hydraulics is an asset
- Entrepreneurial spirit – looking for ways to improve and find efficiencies
- Excellent time management and highly organized
- Highly detailed oriented, reliable, honest and dependable.
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to handle changing priorities with ease and work under pressure
- A positive person with a great attitude and a strong work ethic
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs, excellent vision and manual dexterity
- Confident in passing pre-employment Drug & Alcohol testing and Criminal Record Check
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or text (905) 330 9861.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.