Our client is looking for a Data Scientist for their office in Downtown Edmonton. The candidate will have experience in data science and in senior engineering and technology roles (5+ years) working with product development teams, delivering and building digital products
The ideal candidate will:
- Bring deep functional expertise to shape data structures and algorithms in a distinctive way to ensure large-scale business impact of the digital products being built and drive competitive advantage
- Collaborate with Data Head and developers to find opportunities to use company data to drive business solutions.
- Mine and analyze data from company systems
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Use Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, and other business outcomes.
- Partner with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Conduct data wrangling, munging, exploration, sampling, training data generation, feature engineering, model building, and performance evaluation)
- Enable big data and batch/real-time analytical solutions that use emerging technologies
- Code, test, and document new or modified data systems to create robust and scalable applications for data analytics
- Ensure all automated processes preserve data by leading the alignment of data availability and integration processes
- Based in an office environment with occasional travel to other Lab locations
- Be part of a pressurized environment, working to tight deadlines
- Bring a high-energy and passionate outlook to the job and can influence those around them
- Passionate about innovation with a “can do” attitude
- Understand high performance algorithms and Python statistical software
- Experience with lamda architectures and batch and real-time data streams
- Experience in industry data science (e.g., machine learning, predictive maintenance) preferred
- Architect highly scalable distributed systems, using different open source tools
- Experienced with agile or other rapid development methods
- Experienced in object oriented design, coding and testing patterns as well as experience in engineering software platforms and large-scale data
- Have deep knowledge of data modeling and understanding of different data structures
- Build a sense of trust and rapport that creates an effective workplace
- Master’s in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related quantitative discipline
LOOKING FOR MEANINGFUL WORK? WE CAN HELP!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.