Our market leading energy client has an immediate need for an Instrumentation Technologist to support priorities and objectives through the provision of technical expertise in the areas of instrumentation and final control elements. In this role you will also be accountable for providing support to regional operations, compliance activities, internal initiatives, development, and execution teams. It is located out of the Edmonton office.
What you will be doing…
- Keep safety top of mind.
- Behave in a manner that demonstrates integrity and respect.
- Work with experienced instrumentation personnel – apply technical expertise and judgment in a variety of operational, compliance and design contexts.
- Work with the team to identify, collect and record technical data.
- Support operational reliability by participating in instrumentation activities related to operation and troubleshooting.
- Support enhancements to the engineering standards and specifications.
- Participate instrumentation scope development of pipeline and facility projects.
- Review and provide technical support in the development of P&ID, control philosophies, instrument selection, and associated engineering documents.
- Participate in design reviews
- Address technical issues in a timely manner, and ensure deliverables align to the client’s policies, procedures and standards.
- Work collaboratively with a team of engineers, and technologists, and support resources to ensure objectives of scope, cost, quality and scheduling are met.
- Communicate effectively and pro-actively with both internal and external customers and stakeholders.
Who you will be working with…
- Works with all members of the Instrumentation groups on a daily basis.
- Will work with field personnel under the supervision of skilled practitioner.
- Will be assigned to support a skilled practitioners who will direct and support day-to-day work.
- Will work with related groups, Process Engineering and Hydraulics in particular.
- Will work with project teams when supporting projects.
- Will work with vendors when reviewing instrument requisitions.
What do you need to succeed…
- Effective two-way communicator – written and oral.
- Ability to effectively interact with peers.
- Be able to regularly shift between planned and unplanned activities, while remaining effective.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Learns from experience, and quickly learns new tasks in new situations.
- Adapts well to changing environments and situations.
- Clear thinker and effective communicator, both written and oral.
- Contributes by sharing resources, feedback, advice, and innovations that improve the performance of the organization and peers.
- Completion of a Technical Diploma in Instrumentation or Process Control
- Ability to work and travel within Canada and the United States
Nice to Haves
- Motivated to learn about the wondrous world of Instrumentation Engineering.
- Motivated towards continuous technical learning and personal development.
- Motivated to assume responsibility and enhanced accountability.
- Experience using Smart Plant Instrument (SPI).
- Experience using valve sizing software.
- Developed problem solving and organization skills.
- Coachable, and accepts feedback.
- Self-initiates development activities, both technical and personal.
- Previous experience in the oil and gas industry.
- Some related engineering experience.
- Community involvement and volunteer activity.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.