The Ian Martin Group is seeking a Junior Buyer to work on a long term contract (1+ year) assignment in Houston. The Buyer will work as part of a team purchasing materials/ Service across North America.
Our client owns and operates the largest natural gas distribution network in North America and is relied on by millions of consumers for fuel.
We at Ian Martin envision a world where everyone is connected in meaningful work and if you find great meaning in developing some of the most widely used products in the world, then we have the career path for you.
On a day to day basis your work will include:
- Assists with purchasing and negotiating materials, equipment, and supplies from vendors.
- Analyzes vendor quotes and services to determine most desirable suppliers.
- Work with multiple stakeholder including engineers, supply chain & Accounts payable
- Minimum 1 year of relevant experience in purchasing, procurement or supply chain
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong Customer service skills
- Team player, collaborative
- Knowledge of SAP and/or Oracle is an asset
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.