Our Healthcare division is committed to improving clinical education and patient safety through simulation-based training solutions. With a mission to Improve clinical competency and performance, we develop evidence-based curriculum and innovative learning technologies for healthcare education.
The Project Manager is responsible for the development (R&D) of new products, improvement of existing products and/or for the development of simulators for the medical OEMs. From project inception to the start of production.
- Work in close cooperation with Engineering, Product Management, Marketing, Academy, Customer Support, Sales and Operation to ensure product development plan and execution aligns with overall NPI launch plan.
- Develop a detailed project plan (Scope, Schedule, Cost, Risk, Resources, Stakeholder, Communication, Change management, Quality)
- Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques (ex: calculate SPI, CPI, ETC, EAC, ECD, etc)
- Manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Constantly monitor and report on progress of the project to all stakeholders
- In collaboration with global sourcing, establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- PMP Certification
- Five years of experience in project management
- University degree
- Engineering experience, an asset
- Engineering team management, an asset
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Project
- Well versed with new product introduction (NPI) processes
- Well rounded in all areas of technology and engineering development: Mechanical, Electrical and Software.
- Able and willing to manage teams in multiple locations.
- Established record of leadership and administrative skills.
- Demonstrated product development competencies in the Medical Device/Healthcare Industry.
- Proven experience with Agile product development methodologies.