Our Aerospace manufacturing client in St-Laurent, QC is looking to hire a 3D Software Developer for a 12 months of contract role with high chance of extension. We are looking for an individual who is interested in working in a C++ and OpenGL oriented environment.
- You will be expected to create new visual effects and 3D graphics or improve existing effects to be more efficient / more realistic – such as weather and time of day, special effects (weapon effects, re-circulation/downwash, reverse thrust, wakes, dust trails), moving models and lights
- You can express your creativity and initiative in developing these graphical effects to be as realistic as possible
- You will be responsible for all phases of development starting from requirements through tests and to the final integration on a simulator
- Provide support to internal and external customers
- Coordination of project issues and deliverables.
- You may be requested to travel occasionally.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Good object-oriented design skills (knowledge of C++ is essential)
- Familiar with software development and integration, software lifecycle and configuration management tools
- Experience in real-time software development and Open GL knowledge is an asset
- Able to work autonomously in a collaborative agile environment
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in software development
- Oral and written communication skills
- Bilingualism (French and English) is required
ABOUT IAN MARTIN:
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.”