Our client is looking for a Damage Prevention/One Call Operator with experience processing One Call tickets and triaging of tickets to Operations for damage prevention requests within the oil and gas or pipeline industry.
- Support the Team Lead Reporting & One Call in the continued development of the One Call process, including the standardization of one harmonized process for GTM
- Ensures compliance relating to documentation relating to Triage of One Call Tickets following practices
- Ensures tickets are triaged within regulatory time frame
- Ensures Operations is notified and provided information to conduct locating and marking activities associated with one call tickets
- Support One Call Ticketing System issues and enhancements
- Identify activities along the pipeline corridor that may pose a threat to the GTM system, as well as external parties who’s activities could present a risk to the GTM system.
- Support investigations on potential unauthorized activities and near misses
- Provide general program support to the Team Lead Reporting & One Call
- Continuously look for ways to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the program
- Damage Prevention is critical in the safety of our people, assets and communities
- Damage Prevention Program and Process are a regulator requirement in the United States and Canada
- Damage Prevention applies to all GTM assets
- Damage Prevention implements process and controls to keep GTM people, assets and communities safe
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Related University degree and limited previous experience OR four plus years of previous related experience OR equivalent mix of formal education and experience
- Strong map reading skills
- Knowledge of both Canadian and US Provincial/State and Federal Regulations
- Knowledge of Canadian and US One Call Regulations
- Knowledge of One Call ticket management programs and systems
- Effective communication style – strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a self-guided, independent environment, managing multiple tasks in a time sensitive environment
Nice to Have:
- Post Secondary Education
- Minimum 4 years of Industry experience in a Damage Prevention/One Call related role or a combination of education and experience
- Field related experience is an asset
- Experience interacting with Regulators and One Call Centers
- Experience with GIS systems
- Knowledge of industry networks and associations
LOOKING FOR MEANINGFUL WORK? WE CAN HELP.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.