Our client, one of the largest energy suppliers in Canada has an immediate need for a Services Contracts Manager to perform contract management for a new Engineering Services contract under which multiple projects will be utilizing the contract. This is a 6-month contract located in Burnaby British Columbia.
In this role you will provide post award and pre award contract management services, so that projects and ongoing operations are delivered safely, with a high quality, within budget, and on time. Contracts handled are rated from medium to high complexity. You will not only perform the day-to-day contract management, but also assist in the design and implementation of innovative strategies to enhance vendor management and optimize the client’s contract spend.
What you will be doing…
- Perform contract management activities through the application of expert contract management practices, while working effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Responsible for monitoring, analyzing, and reporting on a monthly basis the expenditures on all client contracts.
- Ensure the client and suppliers fulfill their contractual obligations by monitoring contract performance, identifying issues, taking timely action to resolve issues, and communicating with stakeholders to minimize risk and maximize supplier performance.
- Establish and maintain a meaningful relationship between suppliers, stakeholders, and the client’s supply chain organization through activities such as timely communication, resolution of issues, and relevant reporting enabling the successful implementation of sourcing initiatives.
- Forecast, monitor, and report on contract usage to ensure the client’s contract and finance control policies and budget requirements are met.
- Provide guidance and advice to client groups in the sourcing, procurement, and management of goods and services contracts using excellent knowledge of public sector procurement law, and the application of supply chain concepts to get the best value for the client.
- Perform day to day contract management activities including, but not limited to, attending and/or chairing progress meetings, monitoring schedules, expediting, drafting of change documents as required, facilitate change processes, negotiations, facilitating and negotiation of claims and disputes as required, forecasting, accrual reporting, validation of payment requests, tracking of contract submittals and other deliverables, monitor document controls and contract interpretation.
- Review procurement plans, contracting plans, scopes of work, specifications, and support RFP/RFT documents from a post award contract management perspective.
- Establishes effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Adapts personal communication style to meet the needs of the audience for more effective communication
What you will need to succeed…
- 8+ years of experience in contract management.
- Ability to work with and influence others (including internal and external stakeholders).
- Ability to understand and optimize detailed contract terms and conditions.
- The ability to implement continuous improvements to streamline processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Law, Economics, or related discipline, or equivalent.
- Certificate in Project Management, Supply Chain Management or equivalent, an asset.
- Intermediate MS Office skills (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Advanced English skills for professional environment, written and spoken.
- Experience with a BC crown corporation is preferred.
- Previous experience working with the client in the contract management department would be an asset.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.