Our client, one of the largest energy suppliers in Canada has an immediate need for a Marketing Technical Product Specialist to be the marketing support for technical products in Conservation and Energy Management, for a hosted online lighting catalogue and to support manufacturers and distributors of the client’s lighting products. This is a 5-month contract located in Vancouver British Columbia.
How you will bring value…
Your role is to develop relationships with manufacturers and distributors of energy efficient products and technologies, and to provide technical, project administrative, and system support for the online e-catalogue website and database to enable customers and members of the industry to interactively search and review information regarding energy efficient products available from various manufacturers.
What you will be doing…
- Develop relationships with manufacturers and distributors of energy efficient products and technologies in order to screen and add new products, maintain database integrity, content and security, and develop and maintain partner relationships and agreements.
- Provide technical, project, administrative and system support for the e – catalogue web site and database software such as coordinating and facilitating changes, enhancements, testing and implementation of new features or changes to the e-catalogue database, liaising and ensuring application support personnel, IT developers, consultants, technical experts or software vendors deliver solutions to meet business requirements, and coordinating, developing and conducting training and familiarization sessions and related training materials, as well as following up to ensure end user problems are resolved in a satisfactory and timely manner.
- Add or modify the e-catalogue product and item listings and information where new or modified program, product or service offerings occur by meeting and discussing program, product or service plans and changes with other Conservation & Energy Management (C&EM) staff, contacting new or existing manufacturers and suppliers to locate sources and supply channels for new products or services, developing and implementing product and product line procedures and process guidelines, responding to and resolving e-catalogue related customer, trade ally or supplier concerns and questions, and preparing various summary reports on software products and product line performance.
- Compose, write, and edit communication materials including newsletters, management reports, and presentations using skills in communication, planning, and implementation as well as knowledge of project management principles to support assigned business groups at the client.
- Coordinate and support tracking tools and create progress reports for formal programs and projects by using skills in MS Office and document management systems such as SharePoint so that assigned projects and initiatives are successfully implemented as planned.
- Contribute to the development of communication plans by using consultative methodologies and techniques including online platforms to accurately determine communication needs of the assigned project or initiative.
- Collaborate with small and large business teams within the client’s complex organization by building strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders so that projects and strategic initiatives are completed safely, with quality, within budget, and on time.
What you will need to succeed…
- 2+ years of database and website management experience preferably combined with marketing experience in product management, marketing and relationship development with manufacturers and distributors.
- 2+ years working in communication support work or the equivalent.
- Well-developed oral, written, interpersonal and presentation communication, teamwork, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Journalism, Business, Marketing or related field.
- Intermediate MS Office skills (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Advanced English skills for professional environment, written and spoken.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.