Our client, one of the largest energy suppliers in Canada has an immediate need for a Creative Designer to provide expert level graphic design and creative services. This is a 2-month contract located in Vancouver British Columbia.
How you will bring value…
In this role, you will plan, develop concepts, and produce creative artwork for the client’s internal and external advertising promotional material publications (including brochures, newsletters, annual reports, pamphlets, posters, technical manuals, maps, forms, overheads, banners, digital assets, videos, and signage). You will support the production of final projects by providing production details for external vendors and others. You will also provide project support as required to interpret client needs and guide projects to successful completion.
What you will be doing…
- Plan, coordinate, design, edit, and produce a range of internal and external client advertising, promotional material and publications to meet the client’s brand standard requirements in the set time frame.
- Interpret or provide sketches, photos, text, and written instructions to conceptualize projects.
- Work with the Creative Production Coordinator to evaluate work requests and creative briefs.
- Compose, write, and edit communication materials including newsletters, management reports, and presentations, and using knowledge of project management principles to support assigned business groups within the client.
- Meet with the client and Creative Services Manager to discuss project specifications and determine objectives, size, style, space limitations, desired presentation quality, color, texture, paper stock, and provide specs to client while following brand standards.
- Determine the appropriate graphic software application and methods to be used in the design of specific projects.
- Use a variety of graphic design software to create original artwork, icons, drawings, and refine and edit photographic files for final reproduction stage.
- Collaborate with various business teams within the client by building strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders for quality projects and strategic initiatives to be completed safely, within budget, and on time.
- Use photo editing software to design and manipulate artwork to achieve desired results.
- Use vector graphics editing software to design, create, and manipulate original artwork.
- Use publishing and typesetting software to layout complex projects.
- Liaise with clients at the beginning of projects to determine feasibility, impact, and audience, and manage the project during the proofing process with the client to incorporate revisions or additions and incorporate ideas from multiple contributors as well as solicit feedback for troubleshooting and creative input and provide peer coaching to improve operational excellence.
- Prepare detailed production instructions and printing specifications for external vendors, printers, magazines, and newspapers including reviewing online or physical color proofs if required.
- Support clients by manipulating a variety of artwork, photos, negatives, slides, and convert transfers, extracts, and compress digital files and photographs for PC, Mac, and web platforms.
- Maintain digital files of illustrations, previous publications and artwork, and provide paper stock and production samples.
- Control and maintain image and digital file library.
What you will need to succeed…
- Certificate or diploma in graphic design, digital design, or a related field (such as marketing or communications), or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- 4+ years of experience in a graphic design or digital design job involved in graphics, layout and web publishing using experience with Adobe Creative Suite in a work server environment.
- Provide a portfolio of work to demonstrate experience.
- Ability to plan, design, layout and produce a wide range of artwork.
- Knowledge of industry standard pre-press and print production techniques.
- Ability to interpret clients’ project objectives and explain design concepts to clients.
- Ability to create original artwork using advanced graphic software (such as Adobe Creative Suite).
- Ability to estimate lead times and production requirements to determine timeline milestones for graphics and artwork assignments.
- Ability to coordinate, monitor and ensure projects and assignments meet required deadlines.
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of the client’s corporate graphics, digital and brand standards.
- Well-developed oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Well-developed ability to use Mac workstations in a work server environment.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.