Our client, a market leading integrated oil company is looking for a Category Technician to provide support to the Category Management department for contract administration requirements while reporting to the senior manager for Exploration, Wells, and Construction. This is a 5- month contract located out of their head office in Calgary.
How you will bring value…
You are a future leader and bridge builder who possesses particularly strong collaboration and forward thinking skills, which enables you to respond proactively to changing dynamics among key stakeholders supporting the department with contract administration requirements, including but not limited to RFX creation, contract creation (documentation as well as system), contract input to Ariba (a SAP platform), SAP as well as reporting data into PREP (a Salesforce platform). You will also be responsible for handling day to day contract maintenance and supplier dispute such as invoicing errors, and for ensuring and reporting out on the Category Specialists they are supporting on their compliance in all contractual responsibilities.
What you will be doing…
- Provide administrative assistance and support in preparation of the RFX process.
- Develop, coordinate, and manage the decision summary documentation and execution, ensuring appropriate sign-off from authorized management.
- Provide business support for the sourcing tool (Ariba), including creating and maintaining spreadsheet templates for sourcing, pricing, etc.
- Provide support with issuing and managing bid documents.
- Create and maintain contracts in the contract management tools (SAP/ARIBA).
- Support Category Advisors/Managers and Sr. Managers on governance practices to ensure that payments and changes to contracts and procurement agreements are applied, regularly administered, documented, and proactively communicated by all members in the commercial team.
- Provide support necessary to the Category Advisors to ensure key elements of contracts administration are achieved via supplier performance management.
What you will need to succeed…
- 1-2 years of procurement or contract management experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Business Administration or Supply Chain Management.
- Strong proficiency with MS Office, especially MS Word and Excel.
Nice to Haves
- Experience using SAP, Ariba, Salesforce, and/or IS Networld.
- Experience with MS SharePoint.
- Previous experience in the Oil & Gas industry.
- Strong analytical, interpretive, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter with a pro-active approach to problem identification and resolution.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent judgment, problem-solving and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills within a multi-task environment.
- Strong negotiating skills.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.