We are currently requesting resumes for the following position: Authorization Training Senior Advisor
Resume Due Date: Wednesday, September 4th (5:00PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Duration: 2 years
Location: Pickering Learning Centre, Pickering, Ontario
- Provide advice and assistance to the Director, Operations Training on programmatic matters related to the Operations Training Program at OPG and the Systematic Approach to Training.
- Manage preparation, response and follow-up to external audits conducted by the regulator, external agencies such as IAEA, WANO, NERC and internals by the Nuclear Oversight organization.
- Manage, oversee or conduct self assessments of Operations Training programs.
- Interface with regulatory and industry peers to ensure continuous improvement of the operator training program.
- The ideal candidate will have been certified previously at an OPG nuclear facility in order to understand the complexities of nuclear power plant operation and the regulatory environment.
- The candidate will have knowledge of the design, development and conduct of training programs and examinations for authorized operating staff to ensure industry expectations and regulatory commitments are met.
- The candidate must have experience and capability in interfacing with management, industry peers and the regulator with respect to the nuclear and authorized operator training programmes.
- The candidate must have experience and capability in managing projects and meeting milestone commitments.