Our market leading energy client has an immediate need for an Automation Test Framework Developer to join their team in order to provide support of production applications by trouble shooting issues, and developing, testing, and migration of solutions. This role will be located at their Edmonton office.
On this project you will be working on software development for applications to support pipeline operations directly. You will be dealing with critical applications that are used by the control centre to operate the pipeline.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop automated test scripts and framework.
- Automate current manual tests.
- Work on real time systems.
- Use of Agile methodology.
- Design and document test cases.
- A strong understanding of the business processes and application functionality relevant to their area as well as an understanding of related applications in adjacent areas.
- Will be required to author technical design of functional specifications and progress the solution from design though the software development life-cycle to implementation.
- Has a strong understanding of, and ensures adherence to, the IT processes and standards required.
- Expected to be effective in both a team environment as well as working independently.
- Expected to show keen interest in learning new applications and tools.
- Create and maintain database storage structures and objects.
- Provides production support of applications in production by trouble shooting issues, proposing solutions, develops and tests fixes, and migrates solution.
- Develops and unit tests application programs as specified in Technical Designs.
- Obtains code reviews from Senior Application Developer.
- Ensures that all programming standards and policies are adhered to.
- Obtains Technical Designs and Unit Test plan reviews from Senior Application Developer.
- May perform Tech Designs and Unit Test plan reviews of other developers.
- Develops Unit Test Plans to test programs.
- Ensures that standards and policies are adhered to.
- Authors Technical Designs (TDs) that define how a functional design will be technically enabled.
- Develops and maintains applications for business processes and systems.
Skills & Qualifications
- 7-8 years of experience minimum developing and implementing a test automation framework.
- Robux, Nunit, Junit framework or related framework experience is an asset
- Software development experience, specifically with C#, .NET, and Python.
- Experience working on pipeline leak detection systems or real time systems an asset.
- Experience working for an oil and gas company is an asset.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.