Our client, a market leading integrated oil company is looking for a Contracts Administrator to support the capital project procurement process including developing and executing bids, evaluations, negotiations, contracting, and ongoing administration. This position is located out of their office in Calgary.
What you will be doing…
- Develop and conduct bid and/or request for proposals to supply market, evaluate bids and support supplier selection decisions and award recommendations.
- Conduct and/or support supplier negotiations and resulting contract development.
- Support development of procurement and contracting strategies to support capital project procurement.
- Execute post award contract administration responsibilities including managing change requests, preparing change orders, associated decision documents and approvals.
- Monitor contract commitment and spend value, address and resolve purchase order and/or invoicing issues as required.
- Monitor shipments to ensure that goods come in on time and resolve problems related to undelivered goods.
What you will need to succeed…
- Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, negotiation skills and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to analyze proposals, supplier submittals and other technical data.
- Ability to accurately document and record customer, supplier and contract related information.
- Knowledge of contracting, procurement and supply chain management principles.
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations related to purchasing.
- Previous experience with computer applications, such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Undergrad degree in a related business field.
- 0-2 years procurement related experience required.
Nice to Haves
- O&G experience will be an asset.
- Experience with ARIBA and SAP will be an asset.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.