Our client, one of the largest energy suppliers in Canada has an immediate need for an Asbestos Program Manager to be responsible for the successful completion of low to medium risk infrastructure or other construction projects by leading cross-functional multi-disciplinary teams through project activities so that projects are completed successfully, safely, with quality, within budget, and on time. This is a 6-month contract located in Burnaby British Columbia.
More specifically, in this role you will be working on Provincial Asbestos Projects with a focus on Substations Inventory and Abatement. The current project is nearing completion on scope but requires ongoing project management to complete inventory, process results, planning and execution of abatement requests and sustainment documentation.
What you will be doing…
- Plan, direct, and report on infrastructure and other construction project activities by consistently monitoring project benefits, resources and status and creating documents such as project plans, action logs, communication plans, status reports and post implementation reviews so that the project is implemented as planned.
- Role will be responsible for financial and project reporting, monitoring spend, maintaining inventory and ensuring remaining results come in at 100% quality and responding to requests for results (ability to communicate asbestos hazards and how to apply to other work).
- Develop project plans and risk management plans for low to medium risk infrastructure or other construction projects with a capital cost that is generally up to $20 million for effective management throughout the project lifecycle.
- Role will assist with finalizing inventory system needs, metrics reporting development for compliancy and transitioning to sustainment.
- Manage multiple activities effectively such as quality assurance, engineering, First Nations and stakeholder engagement, communication, regulatory approvals, procurement, planning and controls, construction management, pre-commissioning, employee relations, and safety by using project management principles in monitoring progress and establishing standards for implementation to keep the project within allotted time and budget.
- Complete project management activities including scoping, planning, managing, monitoring, and reporting on project tasks by using intermediate skills in Microsoft Office as well as project management programs to fulfill the client’s business needs.
- Maintain meaningful relationships with stakeholders including customers, engineers and field crews through regular communication using excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills enabling timely progression of projects.
- Will require travel to site to work with abatement contractors and monitor abatement work.
What you will need to succeed…
- A minimum five (5) years of project management experience or equivalent.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, Economics or related discipline (bachelor’s degree Engineering, an asset).
- Project Management Professional (PMP®) designation, preferred.
- Intermediate MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project).
- Advanced English skills for professional environment, written and spoken.
- Require strong technical writing skills for business cases, briefing notes, training documentation and process flow documents to assist projects into sustainment.
- Ability to communicate in all platforms concisely for reporting of project statistics, risks, mitigations and escalations.
- Strong presentation skills a must.
- Asbestos (AHERA, Regulations and WSBC), Safety Management systems knowledge and experience.
- BCH Substations work management, substation knowledge.
- Previous experience in Substations work programs with established relationships.
- Knowledge of Substations work planning processes and systems a must.
- Experience with SAP, systems and app development.
- Excellent Excel skills.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.