Utility Service Technician (G2 Gasfitter)
- Atikokan, Ontario
- $37 to $45 per hour
- Start Date: September 23rd, 2019
- G2 Gasfitter Certification Required
- 40-hours per week plus rotating Standby Shift
- Pre-employment Screening including Criminal Record Check, Drug & Alcohol Testing, and Driver’s Abstract
Ian Martin Workforce is working with a major energy supplier that works across Ontario. They provide residential, commercial and industrial solutions. They are seeking an experienced Gasfitter for 1-year minimum contract with possible extension to service an area from Atikokan to Dryden.
As their new Service Technician / Gasfitter, you will be supporting the Town of Atikokan, working independently to service 1400 customers as well as maintenance to main pipelines as needed. This role consists of locating pipeline, responding to any emergency situations including leak investigation; residential needs and troubleshooting equipment.
What you’ll be doing…
- Safe and efficient execution of Utility Service work including pipeline repairs and maintenance, valve work, construction inspection, customer and distribution station maintenance, meter work, appliance light-ups and relights, utilization inspections and infractions and other duties as required.
- Perform natural gas emergency response activities including line-breaks, leak and odour investigations, liaise with fire and police officials, TSSA Inspectors and others as required.
- Interact with external customers, maintaining a positive and professional manner that builds the Company image.
- Promote plant damage prevention awareness including third party observation activities.
- Perform high quality work in accordance with company standards and procedures.
- Will be required to wear and maintain company uniforms.
- Standby is required, and shift work may be required.
- Operate company vehicle in a safe and professional manner always
Why you’re the right person for the job…
- Must have a G2 Gas Fitter license
- Minimum of Grade 12 education or equivalent
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Valid Driver’s license with Clean Driver’s Abstract
- Basic computer skills and ability to learn related company software.
- Able to progress satisfactorily through all internal progression steps and complete required training as necessary
- Be fit for work while scheduled for Standby Shift
- Must be physically capable to perform strenuous manual labour, be able to wear all appropriate safety equipment.
- Must be able to travel throughout Atikokan, Fort Frances, Ignace and Dryden
- Pass pre-employment screening including Criminal Record Check, Driver’s Abstract and Drug & Alcohol Testing
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com or text (905) 330 9861.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.