Our client, a market leading integrated oil company is looking for an experienced HR Advisor in People Analytics to join their Human Resources team. This is a 12-month contract located out of their head office in Calgary.
How you will bring value…
In this role you will be responsible for supporting the ongoing development and implementation of the People Analytics model across the client. This will include the delivery of programs and processes that assists leaders to understand the talent implications of their business strategy, understand what roles are key to delivering that strategy, and collecting data and analytics about the current supply of talent and future talent needs.
What you will be doing…
- Working with the People Analytics COE to support the continued development, enhancement, implementation and delivery of the organization wide operational & strategic People Analytics model and associated processes.
- Working collaboratively with HR team members and other key stakeholders to identify and develop meaningful workforce metrics and analytics to support related decision-making processes.
- Providing advice and support for the workforce planning program cycles and associated processes.
- Identifying and analyzing workforce data, analytics, and trends that are needed to determine the type, amount, and skill level of both the internal and external supply of talent and the competitive forces impacting the labour market.
- Leveraging both quantitative and qualitative measures of the workforce for both current and future-state perspectives.
- Providing support for scenario planning, forecasting, and future state modeling of workforce analytics.
- Performing in-depth analysis to identify trends and/or causal relationships to provide relevant, credible and actionable recommendations. Presenting and communicating data analysis in a clear and compelling way to audiences at varying levels (as needed).
- Supporting regular and adhoc workforce reporting requirements.
What you will need to succeed…
- 7+ years of concentrated experience in the areas of HR / People Analytics.
- An undergraduate degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related area of study with emphasis in the business planning and/or data analytics field.
- Advanced research and data analysis skills and a demonstrated ability to draw associated insights and make effective recommendations.
- Experienced in the use of SAP HCM and SuccessFactors modules (or similar HRIS applications) and advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office – especially Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience working on and/or leading projects with strong consulting skills and the ability to influence from a non-authoritative position.
- Progressive, strategic, and forward thinking with the demonstrated ability to problem solve, develop clear and concise recommendations, and influence from a non-authoritative position.
- Ability to successfully navigate a fast-paced, complex and changing work environment, while managing multiple and shifting priorities.
- Proven communication, visualization, presentation, and storytelling skills.
- Strong ability to collaborate with others to achieve the best results and deliver the most value.
- Exceptional attention to detail with proven analytical skills consistently using a continuous improvement mindset.
- The ability to communicate complex information into meaningful insights and manage and steward towards deadlines.
- The ability to apply security rules, policies and guidelines when assessing requirements and solutions.
Nice to Haves
- Experience in Workforce Planning would be an asset.
- Working knowledge of other analytics tools / software would be an asset.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.