Are you a Data Engineer, who can work independently on complex data engineering problems to support data science strategy of products. Then we have an exciting career opportunity to discuss with you with our midstream client for their office in Downtown Calgary.
As a Data Engineer, you’ll help ingest, transform and store clean and enriched data in ready for business intelligence consumption.
Skills and Qualifications:
You’ll have experience in a Data Engineer role (5+ years), with a Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field
You build and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
- You assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- You identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, data quality checks, minimize Cloud cost, etc.
- You build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL, Data Bricks, No-SQL
- You build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- You document and communicate standard methods and tools used.
- You work with other data engineers, data ingestion specialists, and experts across the company to consolidate methods and tool standards where practical.
- You’re experienced using the following software/tools: Big data tools: Hadoop, HDI, & Spark
- Relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including COSMOS
- Data pipeline and workflow management tools: Data Bricks (Spark), ADF, Dataflow
- Microsoft Azure
- Stream-processing systems: Storm, Streaming-Analytics, IoT Hub, Event Hub
- Object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Scala, SQL
Duties and Responsibilities:
- You’ll work independently on complex data engineering problems to support data science strategy of products
- You’ll use broad and deep technical knowledge in the data engineering space to tackle complex data problems for product teams, with a core focus on using technical expertise
- You’ll improve the data availability by acting as a liaison between Lab teams and source systems
- You’ll collect, blend, and transform data using ETL tools, database management system tools, and code development
- You’ll implement data models and structures data in ready-for business consumption formats
- You’ll aggregate data across various warehousing models (e.g. OLAP cubes, star schemas, etc.) for BI purposes
- You’ll collaborate with business teams and understand how data needs to be structured for consumption
If you bring the mentioned skills and experiences. Please get in touch. This position comes with a competitive compensation package and benefits.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.