Calcium Driver (Class 1)
- Edmonton, Alberta (Nisku Terminal)
- Several Rotations Available
- $30 per hour, OT after 50 hours per Week
- Company Driver with Dedicated Sleeper Cab
- Liquid Bulk and B-train experience required
- Federal Hours of Service (70 hours or 7 days with 36 hour reset)
Ian Martin Workforce is working with a leading chemical transportation fleet that moves Calcium Chloride across Western Canada. They are dedicated to their customers and provide reliable, safety-focused services that comes with a proven track record of success. Busy season is May to September, and they keep their drivers going all year around. You will be expected to safely operate a tractor and b-train tank trailers, including loading/unloading at customers’ sites and field storage locations throughout Western Canada while adhering to all procedures necessary to transport calcium safely.
What you’ll be doing…
- Safe operation of tractor and b-train trailer configuration on various road conditions throughout British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba including utilization of tire chains when required.
- Transport, load and unload calcium in safe and professional manner while following company and site-specific procedures.
- Perform thorough daily provincial HOS logs and vehicle inspections as per regulations.
- Accurately complete and submit all company and customer required documents within the required timelines.
- Report any hazards, infractions, breach of protocols or maintenance issues and submit to Dispatch.
- Actively participate in tailgate meetings and attend all required safety meetings.
- Assist the operation with other tasks deemed necessary to meet customer expectations
- Always represent yourself and the company as an example that others should follow.
Why this is the job for you…
- Class 1 or AZ Driver with Clean Drivers’ Abstracts
- Experience hauling liquid bulk required
- 3 years of driving B-train configurations an asset
- A positive person with a great attitude and a strong work ethic
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs, excellent vision and manual dexterity, able to sit for long periods of time
- Strong time management skills
- Comfortable to work day, nights and rotating shifts
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience working and driving in adverse weather conditions
- Safety conscious and understand the importance of safe work practices on and off the road
- Competent knowledge of NSC regulations including Hours of Service, Vehicle Inspections and Load Securement.
- Ability to demonstrate how to properly install and take off tire chains.
- Ability to successfully complete a mask fit test and willingness to work under supplied air if required.
- Familiar with VHF Two – way radio communication
- Basic knowledge of mobile technology, able to send and receive text messages, email and documents as required.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com or text (905) 330 9861.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.