Our Calgary based client has an immediate need for a Service Desk Analyst to join their team for a six-month contract opportunity.
- The Service Desk Analyst delivers excellent customer service and technical support through professional, comprehensive, and timely communication for all incidents and requests. The successful candidate will also provide occasional support in the Access and Provisioning area of Service Desk.
Hardware support includes workstations, laptops, tablets, telephones, mobile devices, Audio Visual equipment, printers, scanners and associated peripherals. Analysts are also the primary installers and in most cases, the support for all COTS and proprietary software.
- Individual to work on-site at the Calgary Head Office up to eight (8) hours during business hours – 7:00 am – 5:00 pm. After hours and weekend support during extended hours will be required on rotation Mon – Fri 5.00 pm – 9.00 pm, Sat & Sun 12.00 pm – 4 pm.
- Provide first level support at Service Desk for all service requests (hardware and software) and incidents at the AER. Candidate will adhere to Service Desk Support practices where defined and/or documented.
- Respond to phone calls, emails, walk ups and other administrative tasks within the expected turnaround times.
- Work time to be recorded into the time reporting system.
- All service requests and incidents will be captured and updated through the Information Systems ticketing system HEAT.
Skills – REQUIRED:
- Proven customer service skills and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent trouble shooting skills.
- Previous Service Desk experience.
- Previous Access and Provisioning experience.
Skills – RECOMMENDED:
- Experience supporting enterprise skype – definite asset
- Mobile device support (Blackberry Enterprise server, iPhone, and iPad devices)
- Windows 7 & 10 (AER’s enterprise locked down configuration)
- Desktop/laptop IMAC activity
- Application Installation, both through SCCM and manual installations
- Active Directory
- Knowledge of exchange server
Other skills deemed necessary for team or project compatibility:
- Experience updating and maintaining a knowledge base
- Minimum: 2+ years of IT Service Desk experience, computer technology diploma in a relevant field or related experience. Preferred: post-secondary degree in computer science, 5+ years of Service Desk experience with a current Help Desk Institute certification.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.