Our large BC client has an immediate need for two Procurement Specials to join their team to help with them expiring contract management. Both of these positions would be six month contract positions.
Must Have Skills:
- Contract management experience
- Experience in public procurement in sourcing
- Good organizational skills
- Strong excel skills
The Contract Professional performs formal management of contracts with low to medium complexity, so that projects and ongoing operations are delivered safely, with quality, within budget, and on time.
Experience and Role Accountabilities
- A minimum five (5) years of contract management work experience.
- Perform contract management activities by applying excellent knowledge of contract management practices while working effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Ensure client and suppliers fulfill their contractual obligations by monitoring contract performance, identifying issues, taking timely action to resolve issues, and communicating with stakeholders to minimize risk and maximize supplier performance.
- Establish and maintain a meaningful relationship between suppliers, stakeholders, and client’s supply chain organization through activities such as timely communication, resolution of issues, and relevant reporting enabling the successful implementation of sourcing initiatives
- Forecast, monitor, and report on contract usage to ensure contract and finance control policies and budget requirements are met.
- Provide guidance and advice to client groups in the sourcing, procurement, and management of goods and services contracts using good knowledge of public sector procurement law, and the application of supply chain concepts to get the best value for our client.
Education and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Law, Economics, or related discipline, or equivalent
- Intermediate MS Office skills (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Advanced English skills for professional environment, written and spoken
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.