Job Description Summary
We are looking for a driven NC programmer to join our growing methods team. The main responsibilities will be to create N/C programs for a wide variety of machined parts, however the dynamic nature of organization will allow for opportunities to work on special projects, improvement initiatives and conceptual design in close collaboration with Engineering and Production personnel
- Experience with CNC programming in a machine shop environment
- Experience creating CNC programs from CAD sources (Cadkey, Smartcam, MasterCam, and CREO)
- Solid understanding of machining best practices, cutting tool selection, part set-up and finishing to achieve the desired results.
- Experience with CNC multi-axis programs as well as CNC lathes
- Conceptional Design and drafting experience using 3D CAD software (CREO is an asset)
- Experience with Windows environment and Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience with ERP (enterprise resource planning) Systems, (Oracle is an asset)
- Troubleshooting issues and supporting production
- Supporting Engineering with design reviews
- Creating work instructions and routings
- College diploma or equivalent technical education and experience
- Good team spirit, quick learner with good problem-solving skills.
- Proactive with strong leadership skills
- Bilingual (spoken and written)