Do you want to work for one of the largest electrical utility company in Missouri? They are currently looking for a Project Scheduler to support their facility in St. Louis, Missouri. If you’re interested and qualified, we urge you to apply!
Position: Project Scheduler
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Duration: Until Oct. 2021 (possible extension)
Key responsibilities include:
- Works in a multi-project environment to produce integrated schedules with Contractor schedules.
- Develops and maintains detailed, network-driven, resource-loaded, baselined schedules using scheduling software.
- Resource level the schedules in accordance with resource availability and location specific job responsibilities.
- Performs horizontal and vertical reviews with project team members to ensure completeness in schedule development and to obtain stakeholder buy-in.
- Meets with various project stakeholders to develop their schedules.
- This could include interactions with Senior Leaders, Outage Managers, Project Managers (PMs), Project Engineers, Construction Supervisors, and other stakeholders who perform activities in the schedule.
- Works with project engineers and PMs to develop schedules for large scale projects under corporate oversight that must comply with gate approval requirements and timeline deadlines.
- Works directly with the PM to develop performance metrics and provide reports as required.
- Provides schedule information to key stakeholders (e.g., the Business Performance Specialist, Outage Manager) in a format that allows them to align the forecast dollars in accordance with the schedule. Provides cost analysis support and reporting for the project including providing contractor billing guidance and providing assistance in monthly cash flow reforecasting.
- Performs and/or reviews updates, schedules projects, and performs analysis of critical path, baseline variance, and key performance metrics.
- Determines schedule impacts, provides guidance to stakeholders on how to resolve criticality, and communicates impacts timely to the appropriate stakeholders.
- Develops process improvement initiatives and scheduling methodologies for the Department.
- Creates baselines and analyzes change requests and implements into the baseline plan if approved. Monitors and enforces standards, policies and procedures established by the business line
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or in a Business or Construction-related discipline (e.g., Business Management, Construction Management, Finance, Accounting, Information Systems) is required.
- A minimum of five years of relevant experience (e.g., project controls, project management, or specific business segments projects, operations, maintenance, planning) is required.
- Proficiency with Primavera, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint; Analytical and Detail-Oriented
- Basic knowledge of PowerPlan, DOJM, EMPRV, TRIS, and PeopleSoft systems preferred.
- Nine years of relevant experience (e.g., project controls, project management, or specific business segments projects, operations, maintenance, planning) may be considered in lieu of Bachelor's degree.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.