Our Banking client in Toronto, ON is looking to hire a Content Writer & Editor for supporting a variety of teams within the Client's Digital space focused on marketing and editorial content writing as well as content for the website. This is a 6-month contract role with chance of extension.
Role Title: Content Writer & Editor
Duration: 6 months from start date
Work Location: Toronto, ON – Downtown
- You will be responsible for writing marketing content (ads, emails, splash pages) with an aim to increase the number of clients and boost digital transactions. You will write, edit and proofread content for our digital websites.
- You will prepare copy decks to present content for clients, legal teams and QA testers; write content for A/B, multivariate and personalization tests; author content in an AEM environment, integrating accessibility and SEO; and maintain CIBC editorial standards.
- The role involves managing multiple initiatives at one time, requiring excellent organizational and time management skills. You will be responsible for authoring content in Adobe Experience Manager (AEM), integrating SEO and accessibility. You will be part of a collaborative, cross-disciplinary agile pod.
Who Will the Contractor Be Working With on a Daily Basis: They will be working with graphic design, QA testers, developers, marketing leads, and occasionally completing in-person reviews with the marketing team and various lines of business.
Employee Value Proposition (EVP): As this role supports a number of different teams it will provide a good deal of variety in the work being done. The team is very collaborative and supportive and feedback from those on the team has been that it’s a very positive work environment.
- 4+ years of content writing experience
- Strong English grammar skills
- Digital Marketing experience
- Good understanding of content management systems
- University degree in English or Journalism (or equivalent work experience)
Nice to Have:
- Experience writing website pages is preferred
- Previous banking experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work independently and manage one’s time
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.”