Our large IT client is recognized by customers as Canada’s leading Automotive company.
We are looking for a Data Scientist (AI/ML) to support the team.
Duration: 12+ months
Location: Oshawa, Ontario
- Being part of the innovation team, you will support activities involving cross-functional teams of engineers. You will work on diverse range of projects including, Natural Language Processing, Time Series data and Computer Vision. You will not only be surrounded by experienced AI/ML specialists, but also by Domains experts and AI/ML software leads to complement your work and help push it to production level software. The latest hardware and software IT support including High Performance Computers will be made available to run seamless training and testing tasks.
- We are looking for individuals who can demonstrate innovation, creativity, initiative and a high level of independent judgment. However, to truly help us in driving the future of technology, you must share a genuine passion for technology and mobility systems.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Master’s or PhD in Engineering, or related degree; Electrical, Mechatronics, Computer Vision, Computer or Systems Design.
- 0-1+ Years' expereince
- Familiar with programming in Python (Tensorflow/Keras/PyTorch, etc..) and versioning tools
- Expertise in one or more of the following machine learning domains: Image Processing, Computer Vision, Natural Language Processing, Speech/Signal processing
- Advanced knowledge in deep learning algorithms
- Development skills to rapidly deliver minimum viable products
- Write well commented, efficient (memory & processing power) and version-controlled AI related software code (NLP, Image Processing and Time Series Data)
- Create internal comprehensive documentation with links to the relevant functions/classes
- Collaborate with the product owner and the rest of the team to understand key functional and operational properties of each project
- Collaborate on integrating core AI functions into production ready software
- Interface with various cross-functional teams to align with global specifications
- Stay ahead of the technology curve and in tune with competitive products
- Documenting and co-authoring internal technical specifications, and patents
LOOKING FOR MEANINGFUL WORK? WE CAN HELP
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.